IBM Systems Director
IBM Systems Director is a platform-management foundation that streamlines the way you manage physical and virtual systems supports multiple operating systems and virtualization technologies in IBM and non-IBM x86 platforms.
- System health
- Event notification
- Automation for managed systems
- Discovering, navigating, and visualizing systems on the network with the detailed inventory and relationships to the other network resources
- Notifying users of problems that occur on systems and the ability to isolate the source of the problems
- Notifying users when systems need updates and distributing and installing updates on a schedule
- Analyzing real-time data for systems and setting critical thresholds that notify the administrator of emerging problems
- Configuring settings of a single system and creating a configuration plan that can apply those settings to multiple systems
- Updating installed plug-ins to add new features and functions to the base capabilities
- Managing the life cycles of virtual resources
For more information about IBM Systems Director, see the IBM Systems Director Information Center at the IBM Systems Director information center, and the Systems Management website at the Lenovo Systems Management Solutions website, which presents an overview of IBM Systems Management and IBM Systems Director.