Server features and specifications
The following information is a summary of the features and specifications of the server. Depending on the model, some features might not be available, or some specifications might not apply.
|Microprocessor (depending on the model):|
For a list of supported microprocessors, see
Memory (depending on the model):
Drive expansion bays (depending on the model):
As a general consideration, do not mix standard 512-byte and advanced 4-KB format drives in the same RAID array because it might lead to potential performance issues.
For specific models that may be shipped initially with four hard disk drives, configuration may be able to expand to eight hard disk drives via Features on Demand (FoD).
Optional SATA optical drives (depending on your model):
PCI expansion slots (depending on your model):
In messages and documentation, the term
Power supply (depending on your model):
Video controller (integrated into IMM, depending on your model):
The following RAID options are available for the server:
Acoustical noise emissions:
Approximate heat output:
- EU Regulation 617/2013 Technical Documentation:
- International Business Machines Corporation
- New Orchard Road
- Armonk, New York 10504
For more information on the energy efficiency program, go to http://www.ibm.com/systems/x/hardware/energy-star/index.html
- Product Type:
- Computer server
- Year first manufactured:
- Internal/external power supply efficiency:
- Maximum power (watts):
- See Power supply.
- Idle state power (watts):
- Sleep mode power (watts):
- Not applicable for servers.
- Off mode power (watts):
- Noise levels (the declared A-weighed sound power level of the computer):
- See Acoustical noise emissions.
- Test voltage and frequency:
- 230V / 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Total harmonic distortion of the electricity supply system:
- The maximum harmonic content of the input voltage waveform will be equal or less than 2%. The qualification is compliant with EN 61000-3-2.
- Information and documentation on the instrumentation set-up and circuits used for electrical testing:
- ENERGY STAR Test Method for Computer Servers; ECOVA Generalized Test Protocol for Calculating the Energy Efficiency of Internal Ac-Dc and Dc-Dc Power Supplies.
- Measurement methodology used to determine information in this document:
- ENERGY STAR Servers Version 2.0 Program Requirements; ECOVA Generalized Test Protocol for Calculating the Energy Efficiency of Internal Ac-Dc and Dc-Dc Power Supplies.