Before you remove or replace a FRU or install an optional device, read the following information:
- Before you begin, read Safety and Handling static-sensitive devices. This information will help you work safely.
- When you install your new compute node, take the opportunity to download and apply the most recent firmware updates. This step will help to ensure that any known issues are addressed and that your compute node is ready to function at maximum levels of performance.
To download the latest firmware and device drivers for your compute node, go to Lenovo Flex System x240 M5 drivers and softwares.
- Observe good housekeeping in the area where you are working. Place removed covers and other parts in a safe place.
- Back up all important data before you make changes to disk drives.
- Before you remove a compute node from the chassis, you must shut down the operating system and turn off the compute node. You do not have to shut down the chassis itself.
- Blue or terra cotta on a component indicates touch points, where you can grip the component to remove it from or install it in the compute node, open or close a latch, and so on.
- For a list of supported optional devices for the compute node, see the Lenovo ServerProven website.