Single node cannot ping the management node in a different chassis
Use the information in this section to troubleshoot a single node that cannot ping the Flex System Manager management node in a different chassis on the data network.
Complete the following steps until the problem is solved:
- Make sure that the management node is powered on and is not hung, by logging in to the management node. If you are unable to log in from the management network, attempt to log in from the data network. If the management node is powered on and hung, perform a virtual reseat of the management node from the CMM.
- Make sure that the I/O module is powered on and is not hung, by pinging the I/O module from the management node. If the I/O module is powered on and hung, reset the I/O module. Make sure that the correct ports are enabled for the node on the I/O module. Also make sure that all of the network cables in the communication path are correctly connected.
- Make sure that the compute node is the only one in the chassis that cannot ping the management node. If it is not, follow the steps in Multiple nodes cannot ping the management node in the same chassis.
- Make sure that the IP configuration settings on the node are correct and that the port is enabled.
- Check Lenovo Support for any firmware updates that might apply to this issue. You can view the release notes for a firmware update to determine the issues that are addressed by the update.
- Check Lenovo Support for any service bulletins that are related to network connectivity.
- Remove the compute node and make sure that the connectors on the midplane and the node are not damaged.
- (Trained service technician only) Complete the following steps:
- Force the link/duplex speed.
- Check the connectors on the node and the midplane to make sure that no pins are bent.