Reverse the door
Both the doors of this cabinet are reversible. Follow the instructions in this section to reverse the cabinet door.
About this task
If necessary, insert the key and turn it clockwise to unlock the door.
- Pull the lower end of the handle up and clockwise; then, open the door.Figure 1. Opening the door
- Pull up and hold both of the hinge shafts to disengage the door from the cabinet frame; then, remove the door.Figure 2. Removing the door
- Remove the screws that secure the hinges to the cabinet frame.
- Rotate both hinges 180 degree, switch the top and bottom hinges; then, install them to the opposite side of the frame.Figure 3. Converting the cabinet frame hinges
- If the cabinet comes with door position monitor devices, complete the following steps to remove and reinstall the devices.
- Remove the two screws that secure the door position monitor device to the cabinet frame.Figure 4. Removing the door position monitor device
- Install the device to the equivalent location on the opposite side on the cabinet frame.Figure 5. Installing the door position monitor device
- Remove the device from the door, and install it to the equivalent location on the opposite side of the door.Figure 6. Removing and installing the door position monitor device
- Remove the two screws that secure the door position monitor device to the cabinet frame.
- Remove the screws that secure the handle to the door; then, rotate the door 180 degree while keeping the handle in the original orientation, and secure the handle to the door with screws.Figure 7. Installing the handle brackets
- Align the door to the frame hinges, and push the shafts in to secure the door to the frame.Figure 8. Installing the door
After this task is completed
- Close the cabinet door, and turn the door handle counterclockwise to secure it.Figure 9. Closing the cabinet door
If necessary, insert the key and turn it counterclockwise to lock the door.