Power off the compute node
Use this information for details about turning off the compute node.
When you turn off the compute node, it is still connected to power through the Lenovo Flex System Enterprise Chassis. The compute node can respond to requests from the Lenovo XClarity Controller, such as a remote request to turn on the compute node. To remove all power from the compute node, you must remove it from the Lenovo Flex System Enterprise Chassis
Before you turn off the compute node, shut down the operating system. See the operating-system documentation for information about shutting down the operating system.
The compute node can be turned off in any of the following ways:
- You can press the power button on the compute node. This starts an orderly shutdown of the operating system, if this feature is supported by the operating system.
- If the operating system stops functioning, you can press and hold the power button for more than four seconds to turn off the compute node.AttentionPressing the power button for 4 seconds forces the operating system to shut down immediately. Data loss is possible.
- You can turn off the compute node through the CMM power command, the CMM web interface and the Lenovo XClarity Administrator application (if installed).
- For more information about the CMM power command, see Flex System Chassis Management Module: Command-Line Interface Reference Guide.
- From the CMM web interface, select Compute Nodes from the Chassis Management menu. For more information, see the Flex System Chassis Management Module: User's Guide at "Flex System Chassis Management Module: User's Guide". All fields and options are described in the CMM web interface online help.
- For more information about the Lenovo XClarity Administrator application, see the Lenovo XClarity Administrator information page.