Remove a hot-swap power supply unit
Use this information to remove a hot-swap power supply unit.
To avoid possible danger, read and follow the following safety information.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
Before you remove a hot-swap power supply unit, complete the following steps:
- Disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
To remove a hot-swap power supply unit, complete the following steps:
If you are instructed to return the defective component, please package the part to prevent any shipping damage. Reuse the packaging the new part arrived in and follow all packaging instructions.