Remove a hot-swap power supply unit
Use this procedure to remove a hot-swap power supply unit.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- To connect or disconnect -48V dc power cords when you need to remove/install redundancy power supply unit(s).
|To Connect:||To Disconnect:|
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
Before removing a hot-swap power supply unit:
Read the safety information and installation guidelines (see Safety and Installation Guidelines).
- If the server is in a rack, adjust the cable management arm (CMA) to gain access to the power supply bay.Figure 1. CMA adjustmentIf you have installed the 2U CMA Upgrade Kit for Toolless Slide Rail or Toolless Slide Rail Kit with 2U CMA, do the following:
- Press down the stop bracket and rotate it to the open position.
- Rotate the CMA out of the way to gain access to the power supply bay.
- Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
To remove a hot-swap power supply unit, complete the following steps:
- Press and hold on the orange release tab.Figure 2. Power supply unit removal
- Grasp the handle, pull the power supply out of the server and set it aside.NoteFill the power supply bay with a filler if you are not replacing a new power supply immediately.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.