Remove a PSU cage
Use this information to remove a PSU cage.
About this task
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
High touch current. Connect to earth before connecting to supply.
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the power supply, see Remove a hot-swap power supply.
- Remove the PSU cage.
Figure 1. PSU cage removal
- Remove the screw located at AC2.
- Remove the screw located at AC1.
- Slide the PSU cage out of the enclosure.
The enclosure should always be installed with PSU cages, see Install a PSU cage.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.