Multiple nodes cannot ping the management node in the same chassis
Use the information in this section to troubleshoot multiple nodes that cannot ping the Flex System Manager management node in the same chassis on the management network.
Complete the following steps until the problem is solved:
- Make sure that the management node is powered on and is not hung, by logging in to the management node. If you are unable to log in from the management network, attempt to log in from the data network. If the management node is powered on and hung, perform a virtual reseat of the management node from the CMM.
- Make sure that the CMM is powered on and is not hung, by pinging the CMM from the management node:
- If the CMM is powered on and hung, reset the CMM.
- Make sure that the IMM, the management node, and CMM are all on the same subnet.
- Make sure that the management network port (eth0) in the management node is enabled.
- Make sure that the management node has an IP address, is on the same subnet as the CMM, and is able to ping the CMM.
- Make sure that the system-management processor in each compute node has a valid IP address by checking the chassis map of the remote chassis.If a system-management processor does not have a valid IP address, complete the following steps:NoteIf the
CMM recently lost connection to the DCHP server, you must reset the IMM by using the CMM interface so that a new IP address can be acquired.
- Restart the CMM.
- Check Lenovo Support for any firmware or software updates that might apply to this issue. You can view the release notes for a firmware update to determine the issues that are addressed by the update.
- Remove and reinstall CMM.
- Replace the CMM.
- Check Lenovo Support for any service bulletins that are related to network connectivity.
- Remove the management node and make sure that the connectors on the chassis midplane and the management node are not damaged.
- (Trained service technician only) Complete the following steps:
- Force the link/duplex speed.
- Check the connectors on the nodes and the chassis midplane to make sure that no pins are bent.
- Replace the I/O expansion card in the management node.