Single node cannot ping the management node in the same chassis
Use the information in this section to troubleshoot a single node that cannot ping the Flex System Manager management node in the same chassis on the management network.
Complete the following steps until the problem is solved:
- Make sure that the management node is powered on and is not hung, by logging in to the management node. If you are unable to log in from the management network, attempt to log in from the data network. If the management node is powered on and hung, perform a virtual reseat of the management node from the CMM.
- Make sure that the CMM is powered on and is not hung, by pinging the CMM from the management node. If the CMM is powered on and hung, reset the CMM. Make sure that the IMM, the management node, and CMM are all on the same subnet.
- Make sure that the compute node is the only one in the chassis that the management node cannot ping. If it is not, follow the steps in Multiple nodes cannot ping the management node in the same chassis. Make sure that the compute node appears on the chassis map (it might not be fully discovered by the management node software).
- Make sure that the system-management processor in each compute node has a valid IP address by checking the chassis map of the remote chassis.NoteIf the
CMM recently lost connection to the DCHP server, you must reset the IMM by using the CMM interface so that a new IP address can be acquired.
- In the CMM user interface, click Chassis Management > Component IP Configuration and make sure that the IP address that is listed is the same as the IP address that is displayed in the Setup utility. If it is not the same, configure the IMM network settings correctly.
- Check Lenovo Support for any firmware updates that might apply to this issue. You can view the release notes for a firmware update to determine the issues that are addressed by the update.
- Check Lenovo Support for any service bulletins that are related to network connectivity.
- Remove the compute node and make sure that the connectors on the chassis midplane and the node are not damaged.
- (Trained service technician only) Complete the following steps:
- Force the link/duplex speed.
- Check the connectors on the node and the chassis midplane to make sure that no pins are bent.
- Replace the system-board assembly.