Reverse a door
See this topic to learn how to reverse a door.
- Remove the door.Figure 1. Removing a door
- Hold the door in place, and lift both hinge pins until they lock in the open position so that the door is disengaged.
- Remove the door from the rack cabinet frame.
- Remove the two hinges and the two doorstops.Figure 2. Removing the hinges and the doorstops
- Reverse the door latch.Figure 3. Reversing the door latch
- Remove the two screws that secure the latch to the rack.
- Rotate the latch 180 degree, and secure it to the opposite side on the rack cabinet with two screws.
- Reverse the hinge orientationFigure 4. Reversing the hinge orientation
- Pull the retainer spring out to release the hinge pin from the hinge.
- Pull and remove the pin from the hinge.
- Rotate the hinge 180 degree.
- Insert the pin from the top of the hinge.
- Repeat the previous step on the other hinge.
- Install the two reversed hinges and the two doorstops to the opposite sides of the rack cabinet frame.Figure 5. Installing hinges and doorstops
- Reverse the door handle.Figure 6. Reversing the door handle
- Rotate the door 180 degree.
- Remove the screw that secures the handle to the door.
- Rotate the door handle 180 degree, and secure it to the door with a screw.
- Install the door.Figure 7. Installing the door
- Align the door with the hinges, and hold the door in place.
- Push the hinge pins down to the closed position so that the door is secured.