Reverse the door
Both the doors of this cabinet are reversible. Follow the instructions in this section to reverse the cabinet door.
About this task
For safety, this task must be done by two people.
If necessary, insert the key and turn it clockwise to unlock the door.
- Pull the lower end of the handle up and clockwise; then, open the door.Figure 1. Opening the door
- Disconnect and remove the grounding cables.Figure 2. Removing the grounding cables
- Lift the door to disengage the hinge, and remove the door from the cabinet frame.Figure 3. Disengaging the door hinge
- Remove the hinges from the cabinet frame; then, rotate them 180 degree, and install them to the opposite site of the frame.Figure 4. Converting the cabinet frame hinges
- If the cabinet comes with door position monitor devices, complete the following steps to remove and reinstall the devices.
- Remove the two screws that secure the door position monitor device to the cabinet frame.Figure 5. Removing the door position monitor device
- Install the device to the equivalent location on the opposite side on the cabinet frame.Figure 6. Removing the door position monitor device
- Remove the device from the door, and install it to the equivalent location on the opposite side of the door.Figure 7. Removing the door position monitor device
- Remove the two screws that secure the door position monitor device to the cabinet frame.
- Remove the two brackets from the door; then, install them to the holes that are directly below the original ones.Figure 8. Converting the door hinges
- Remove the screws that secure the handle to the door; then, rotate the door 180 degree while keeping the handle in the original orientation, and secure the handle to the door with screws.Figure 9. Converting the door handle
- Align the brackets on the door to the hinge on the cabinet frame, and lower the door until it is secured to the cabinet frame. Figure 10. Installing the door
After this task is completed
Install and connect the grounding cables.Figure 11. Installing the grounding cables
- Close the cabinet door, and turn the door handle counterclockwise to secure it.Figure 12. Closing the cabinet door
If necessary, insert the key and turn it counterclockwise to lock the door.