Install the SMM2
Use this information to install the SMM2.
About this task
The power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Eye protection should be worn for this procedure.
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Firmware and driver download: You might need to update the firmware or driver after replacing a component.
Go to Drivers and Software download website for ThinkSystem SD650 V3 to see the latest firmware and driver updates for your server.
Go to Update the firmware for more information on firmware updating tools.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Install the SMM2 module support bracket.
Figure 1. Support bracket installation
- Slide the support bracket into the enclosure.
- Align and insert the support bracket into the enclosure wall until it engages.
- Install the SMM2 module.
Figure 2. SMM2 installation
- Align and slide the SMM2module into the support bracket.
- Rotate the latch inwards to secure the SMM2module.
- If necessary, install the blank filler.
Figure 3. Blank filler installation
- Slide the blank filler into the enclosure.
- Align and insert the blank filler into the enclosure wall until it engages.
After you finish
When the status LED on the SMM2 goes from fast blinking to slow blinking, it indicates the SMM2 is ready. Meanwhile, if the status LED is off or continuously lit, it indicates the SMM2 has encountered one or more problems.
Check the power LED on each node to make sure it changes from fast blink to slow blink to indicate all nodes are ready to be powered on.