Remove a drive cage assembly
Use this information to remove a drive cage assembly.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.
Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.
Use extra force to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray from the enclosure. See Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure.
- Remove the tray cover. See Remove the tray cover.
- Remove the cross braces. See Remove the cross braces (SD650-I V3).
- Disconnect the cables from the system board.Figure 1. Drive assembly cable routing
1 SATA 0-1 connector 2 NVMe 0-1 connector 3 Drive power 2 connector 4 SATA 2-3 connector 5 NVMe 2-3 connector 6 Drive power 1 connector
- Remove the drive cage assembly.
Figure 2. One 15 mm drive cage assembly removalFigure 3. One 7 mm drive cage assembly removalFigure 4. Two 7 mm drive cage assembly removal
- Remove the 3 screws.
- Remove the drive assembly out of the node.
- If necessary, install the blank bezel fillers.Figure 5. Blank bezel filler installation
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.