Install the EDSFF drive backplane assembly
Use this information to install the EDSFF drive backplane assembly.
About this task
- Connecting cable to the EDSFF drive backplane.
Figure 1. Connecting cable to the EDSFF drive backplane
- Press the latches on both ends of the cable.
- Insert cable connector into the slots on backplane.
- Install the backplane assembly.
Figure 2. EDSFF backplane assembly installation
- Align the slots on backplane with the pins on the sides of the storage cage
- Align the backplane connector with the connector on system board.
- Insert the latch on the cable into the connector on system board.
- Reinstall the EDSFF drives and fillers. See Install an EDSFF hot-swap drive.Attention
When pushing the EDSFF drives into the drive bay, touch only the EDSFF drive handle and carefully avoid touching other parts of the EDSFF drive. Touching parts of the EDSFF drive other than its handle when installed may cause damages to the drive.
Proceed to complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.