Remove the EDSFF drive backplane assembly
Use this information to remove the EDSFF drive backplane assembly
About this task
Power off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node from the chassis. See Remove the compute node from chassis.
Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
Before you make changes to the drives, drive controllers, drive backplanes, or drive cables, make sure to back up all important data stored in drives.
Before you remove any component of a RAID array (drive, RAID card, etc.), back up all RAID configuration information.
- Make preparations for your compute node.
- Remove the compute node cover. See Remove the compute node cover.
- Remove the EDSFF drive cage bezel to access the EDSFF drives.
- Pull the EDSFF drives and fillers out slightly from the bays to disengage them from the backplane.Attention
Only touch and hold the EDSFF drive handle when removing EDSFF drive from the compute node. EDSFF drive may be damaged if you touch parts other than the handle before the EDSFF drive is completely removed out of the compute node.
- Remove the backplane assembly.
Figure 1. EDSFF drive backplane assembly removal
- Press the latch on cable and disconnect the cable from system board.
- Lift up the backplane from the connector on system board and remove the backplane away from the compute node.
- Disconnect the cable from the backplane.
Figure 2. Disconnecting cable from EDSFF backplane
- Press the latches on both ends of the cable.
- Pull the connector away from the backplane.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.