Remove the rack latches
Use this information to remove the rack latches.
About this task
- Remove the security bezel if it is installed. See Remove the security bezel.
- Use a flat-blade screwdriver to remove the ID label plate on the right rack latch and place it in a safe place.Figure 1. ID label removal
- Remove the two screws on the side of the server that secure the rack latch.Figure 2. Rack latches removal
- Slide the latch backwards and remove it from the server.Figure 3. Rack latches removal
- Remove the other rack latch if necessary.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.