Remove a hot-swap drive
Use this information to remove a hot-swap drive.
Before you remove a hot-swap drive, complete the following steps:
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
- For proper system cooling, do not operate the server for more than 2 minutes without either a disk drive or a filler panel installed in each bay.
- Before you make changes to disk drives and drive related components, back up all important data that is stored on drives.
- Before you remove any component of a RAID array, back up all RAID configuration information.
To remove a hot-swap drive, complete the following steps:
- Slide the release latch to open the drive tray handle.
- Grasp the handle and slide the drive out of the drive bay.Figure 1. 2.5-inch hot-swap drive removalFigure 2. 3.5-inch hot-swap drive removal
If you are instructed to return the defective component, please package the part to prevent any shipping damage. Reuse the packaging the new part arrived in and follow all packaging instructions.