Install the rack latches
Use this information to install the rack latches.
If the rack latches are not assembled with a VGA connector or the front I/O assembly, you can install the rack latches without powering off the server.
To install the rack latches, complete the following steps:
Watch the procedure
A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the new rack latches to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new rack latches out of the package and place them on a static-protective surface.
- On each side of the server, align the rack latch with the pin on the chassis. Then, press the rack latch onto the chassis and slightly slide it backward.Figure 1. Rack latch installation
- Install the screws to secure the rack latch on each side of the server.Figure 2. Screws installation
- If the rack latches are assembled with a VGA connector, the front I/O assembly, or both, complete the following steps:
Route the VGA cable, the front-I/O-assembly cable, or both cables across the notch on the chassis as shown. Then, install the screws to secure the cable retainer.Figure 3. Cable retainer installation
Connect the VGA cable 1, the front-I/O-assembly cable 2, or both cables to the system board.Figure 4. Cable routing for the VGA connector and the front I/O assembly on rack latches
After installing the rack latches:
- Install the ID label plate to the right rack latch as shown.Figure 5. ID label plate installation
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.