Disassemble the system board assembly for recycle
Follow the instructions in this section to disassemble the system board assembly before recycling.
About this task
The system board assembly contains the system I/O board and processor board. Before recycling each unit, you need to disassemble the system board assembly.
- Remove the system board assembly from the server. See Remove the system I/O board or processor board.
- Remove the firmware and RoT security module from the system I/O board. See Remove the firmware and RoT security module.
- Separate the system I/O board from the processor board.NoteTo prevent the contact of the system I/O board from damage, pinch and lift the plunger on the system I/O board upward a little and pull out the system I/O board outward. During the entire pulling action, ensure that the system I/O board remains as horizontal as possible.Figure 1. Separating the system I/O board from the processor board
- Remove the screws that secure the system I/O board.
- Lift and hold the rear lift handle and slide the system I/O board towards the rear to disengage it from the processor board.
- Remove the screws from the processor board as illustrated.Figure 2. Removing screws from the processor board
Screw Quantity Tools 1 1 PH2 screwdriver 2 5 PH2 screwdriver 3 4 Hex wrench 4 1 PH2 screwdriver
- Remove the following components from the processor board.
Figure 3. Removing components from the processor board
1 Cable wall brackets
2 PSU air baffle
- Separate the processor board from the supporting sheet metal.Figure 4. Separating the processor board from the supporting sheet metal
After you finish
After disassembling the system board assembly, recycle the units in compliance with local regulations.