Remove a 4U PCIe riser cage
Follow instructions in this section to remove a 4U PCIe riser cage.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
- Remove the 4U PCIe riser cage.Figure 1. Removing the 4U PCIe riser cage
- Grip on the handle and rotate it all the way up until it is in the vertical position.
- Lift the riser cage to remove it from the server.
After this task is completed
- Install one of the following to the zone:
- A filler
- Install PCIe adapters into the riser cage if necessary (see Install an adapter into a 4U PCIe riser cage), and install the unit back (see Install a 4U PCIe riser cage).
- Migrate the PCIe adapters into a replacement unit of riser cage (see Install an adapter into a 4U PCIe riser cage), and install the replacement unit (see Install a 4U PCIe riser cage).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
- If you plan to recycle the component:
- Remove the four screws that secure the riser card to the cage, and slide the riser card forward slightly to remove it from the cage.Figure 2. Disassembling the 4U PCIe riser cage
- Recycle the component in compliance with local regulations.
- Remove the four screws that secure the riser card to the cage, and slide the riser card forward slightly to remove it from the cage.