Remove the 4U PCIe expansion tray
Follow instructions in this section to remove the 4U PCIe expansion tray.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
- Disconnect the following cables.
- Disconnect both 4U PCIe riser power cables from the power backplane.Figure 1. Disconnecting 4U PCIe riser power cables
Table 1. 4U PCIe riser power cables Length From To 1 230 mm (shorter) PCIe riser cage 2 upper power connector 2 320 mm (longer) PCIe riser cage 1 lower power connector
- If applicable, disconnect M.2 and 7mm drive cables from the system board.
- If applicable, disconnect all the flash power module cables.Figure 2. Disconnecting flash power module cables
- Disconnect both 4U PCIe riser power cables from the power backplane.
- Lift the 4U PCIe expansion tray to remove it from the server.Figure 3. Removing the 4U PCIe expansion tray
After this task is completed
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.