Install the 4U PCIe riser power cable assembly
Follow instructions in this section to install the 4U PCIe riser power cable assembly.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Make sure the power cable is of the appropriate length for the slot.Figure 1. 4U PCIe riser power cables
Table 1. 4U PCIe riser power cables Length From To 1 230 mm (shorter) PCIe riser cage 2 upper power connector 2 320 mm (longer) PCIe riser cage 1 lower power connector
- Flip the 4U PCIe expansion tray upside down.
- Align the power cable assembly with the key-shaped slots on the bottom of the 4U PCIe expansion tray, and slide it backward to secure it.Figure 2. Installing the 4U PCIe riser power cable assemblies
- Fasten the captive screw on the module to secure it to the expansion tray.Note
- Make sure the longer (320 mm) cable is routed through the middle cable clip.
- Make sure both cable are routed through the side cable clip and the side opening as illustrated.
After this task is completed
Proceed to complete the parts replacement (see Complete the parts replacement).