List of POST error messages
See this section for the list of POST error and related information.
- 00CE - Machine Type or Serial Number is INVALID
Machine type or serial number invalid.
- 0135 - Fan Failure
Fan related failures.
- 0211 - Keyboard Not Found
No keyboard is found.
- 0164 - Memory Size Decreased
Memory size is decreased.
- 1762 - SATA Device Configuration Change Has Occurred
SATA device configuration has been changed.
- 1962 - No Operating System Found
No Operating System Found. Boot sequence will automatically repeat.
- 0162 - Setup data integrity check failure
This error message indicates the checksum of BIOS Setup data in NVRAM is bad.
- 0167 - No Processor Microcode Update Found
This error message indicates that there is no microcode update image exists for the current processor.
- 0175 - System Security - Security data corrupted
This error message indicates the stored security data is corrupted.
- 0176 - System Security - The system has been tampered with
The system has been tampered with.
- 0189 - System Security - Cannot read the Security EEPROM
The Security EEPROM cannot be accessed.
- 0197 - System Security - Unauthorized security data change detected
There is unauthorized security data change.
- 0190 - System Security - Invalid security change requested
An invalid request of security change is received.
- 0199 - System Security - Security password retry count exceeded on last boot
Wrong passwords are inputted for more than the number of times that is allowed.
- 8997 - System firmware has detected the system configuration may exceed the power supply capacity
The required amount of power of the present system configuration is more than the power supply could afford.
- 8998 - No enough shadow RAM resources for option ROM
Not enough shadow RAM resources for option ROM. Not all devices are initialized. Please remove some add-on cards or change to UEFI mode in BIOS Setup Utility.
- 8999 - No enough PCIe/PCI MMIO resources
Not enough PCIe/PCI MMIO resources. Currently only one video card is enabled. Please remove some PCIe cards, or enter BIOS Setup Utility and enable “Above 4GB Decode” if using a 64-bit OS.