Power on the server
The server can be turned on (power LED on) in any of the following ways:
Press the power button. Before the operating system starts running, you can press Enter to enter Startup Interrupt Menu. In this menu, a few options are available for various purposes:
- Press Esc to resume to normal startup.
- Press F1 to enter the Setup Utility.
- Press F10 to diagnose hardware.
- Press F11 to choose a temporary startup device.
- Press Ctrl + P to enter the Management Engine setup screen or initiate a remote connection.
- Press Enter to pause.
The server can restart automatically after a power interruption.
If the boot screen lingers with the message of “System Security - The system has been tempered with,” it means the server cover is not properly installed. Remove and reinstall it (see
Server cover replacement); then, restart the server.
For information about powering off the server, see Power off the server.