System reliability guidelines
To help ensure proper system cooling and system reliability, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- Each of the drive bays has a drive in it, otherwise a filler and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) shield installed must be installed.
- If the server has redundant power, each of the power-supply bays has a power supply installed.
- There is adequate space around the server to ensure the server cooling system works properly. Leave approximately 50 mm (2.0 inches) of open space around the front and rear of the server. Do not place objects in front of the fans. For proper cooling and airflow, install the server cover before you turn on the server. Operating the server for extended periods of time (more than 30 minutes) with the server cover removed might damage server components.
- You have followed the cabling instructions that come with optional adapters.
- You have replaced a failed fan as soon as possible.
- You have replaced a hot-swap drive within two minutes of removal.
- You operate the server with the air baffle installed. Operating the server without the air baffle might cause the microprocessor to overheat.