Removing the air baffle
Use this information to remove the air baffle from the server.
To remove the air baffle, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins in Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server (see Turning off the server) and all attached peripheral devices. Disconnect all power cords; then, disconnect all external cables from the server.
- Remove the top cover (see Removing the server top cover).
- Lift the air baffle from the server and set it aside.AttentionFor proper cooling and airflow, replace the air baffle before you turn on the server. Operating the server with the air baffle removed might damage server components.Figure 1. Air baffle removal
- If you are instructed to return the air baffle, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.