Using the ServerGuide Setup and Installation CD
Use this information as an overview for using the ServerGuide Setup and Installation CD.
The ServerGuide Setup and Installation CD provides software setup tools and installation tools that are designed for your server. The ServerGuide program detects the server model and optional hardware devices that are installed and uses that information during setup to configure the hardware. The ServerGuide simplifies the operating-system installations by providing updated device drivers and, in some cases, installing them automatically.
You can download a free image of the ServerGuide Setup and Installation CD or purchase the CD from the ServerGuide fulfillment Web site at the Lenovo ServerGuide website. To download the free image. click IBM Service and Support Site.
The ServerGuide program requires a supported IBM server with an enabled startable (bootable) CD drive. In addition to the ServerGuide Setup and Installation CD, you must have your operating-system CD to install the operating system.
- Insert the CD, and restart the server. If the CD does not start, see ServerGuide problems.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the following steps:
- Select your language.
- Select your keyboard layout and country.
- View the overview to learn about ServerGuide features.
- View the readme file to review installation tips for your operating system and adapter.
- Start the operating-system installation. You will need your operating-system CD.