Running the diagnostic programs
Use this information to run the diagnostic programs.
To run the diagnostic programs, complete the following steps:
- If the server is running, turn off the server and all attached devices.
- Turn on all attached devices; then, turn on the server.
- When the prompt <F2> Dynamic System Analysis is displayed, press F2.NoteThe DSA Preboot diagnostic program might appear to be unresponsive for an unusual length of time when you start the program. This is normal operation while the program loads. The loading process may take up to 10 minutes.
- Optionally, select Quit to DSA to exit from the stand-alone memory diagnostic program.NoteAfter you exit from the stand-alone memory diagnostic environment, you must restart the server to access the stand-alone memory diagnostic environment again.
- Type gui to display the graphical user interface, or type cmd to display the DSA interactive menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to select the diagnostic test to run.
If the diagnostic programs do not detect any hardware errors but the problem remains during normal server operation, a software error might be the cause. If you suspect a software problem, see the information that comes with your software.
If the server stops during testing and you cannot continue, restart the server and try running the diagnostic programs again. If the problem remains, replace the component that was being tested when the server stopped.