Viewing Event Logs
The Event Log provides a historical list of all hardware and management events.
Select the Event Log tab in Events to display the Event Log page. All events in the log are time stamped, using the XClarity Controller date and time settings. Some events also generate alerts when they occur, if they are configured to do so in Alert Recipients. You can sort and filter events in the event log.
The following is a description of the actions that can be performed in the Event Log page.
- Customize table: Select this action item to choose the type of information you wish to display in the table. A sequence number can be displayed to assist in determining the order of events when more than one event has the same timestamp.NoteSome sequence numbers are used by internal BMC processes, so it is normal that there may be gaps in the sequence numbers when the events are sorted by sequence number.
- Clear logs: Select this action item to delete the event logs.
- Refresh: Select this action item to update the display with any event log entries that may have occurred since the page was last displayed.
- Type: Select which event types to show. The event types include the following:
Shows Error entries in the log
Shows Warning entries in the log
Shows Informational entries in the log
Click each icon to turn off or on the types of errors to be displayed. Clicking the icon successively will toggle between showing and not showing the events. A blue box surrounding the icon indicates that type of event will be displayed.
- Source type filter: Select an item from the drop-down menu to display only the type of event log entries that you wish to be shown.
- Time filter: Select this action item to specify the interval of the events that you want to show.
- Search: To search for specific types of events or keywords, click the magnifying glass icon, and type a word to search for in the Search box. Note that the input is case-sensitive.
The maximum number of event log records is 1024. When the event logs are full, the new log entry will automatically overwrite the oldest one.