Replacing a Flex System Manager management node
Use these instructions to install a Flex System Manager management node in the Flex System Enterprise Chassis. You can install a management node while the chassis is powered on.
- Make sure that enough power supplies and fan modules are installed in the chassis to support the management node. See Installing components to determine the number of power supplies and 80 mm fan modules that are required and where they should be installed in your chassis configuration.
- Read the documentation that comes with the management node. Flex System Manager documentation is available from the Flex System Manager information page.
To install a Flex System Manager management node, complete the following steps.
- Remove the bay filler, if one is installed. Push the filler release tab to the right; then, grasp the filler by the slot and pull it out of the bay.
- Open the release handle (rotate the handle to the left).
- Slide the management node into the chassis bay until it is seated.
- Close the release handle (rotate the handle to the right).
- Connect all cables to the management node.
- Restart the management node.
See the Flex System Manager Installation and Service Guide for instructions.
- Configure the management node by restoring a previously saved image. See the Flex System Manager Installation and Service Guide for instructions.