Install the enclosure in a rack
To install the enclosure in a rack, follow the instructions that are provided below.
About this task
- Three trained technicians are needed to complete the enclosure installation/removal task.
Two technicians hold front and rear handles at both sides of the enclosure.
One technician protects cables from damage.
- To install the rails into a rack, follow the instructions that are provided in the Rail installation Guide.
- Ensure four handles are attached to the enclosure when moving the enclosure.NoteMake sure all handle posts are secured before lifting.Figure 1. Attaching four handles
After rails are installed successfully, complete the following steps to install the enclosure in a rack.
- Carefully put the enclosure into the rack and slide the enclosure until rear handles are near front rack rails; then, remove rear handles at both sides.Figure 2. Rear handle removal
- Slide the enclosure farther into the rack until front handles are near front rack rails; then, remove front handles at both sides.Figure 3. Front handle removal
- Side the enclosure all the way back to the rack.Figure 4. Sliding the rack
- Secure the enclosure to the rack with six screws; then, reinstall the EIA covers.Figure 5. EIA cover installation
- Secure the two support brackets on the rear enclosure with eight screws.Figure 6. Support bracket installation
- Reinstall eight screws (using the screwdriver contained in the manifold repair kit) to secure two manifolds.Figure 7. Manifold screw locations
Reinstall all power supplies back to the enclosure.Figure 8. Power supply installation
- Reinstall the blank filler.Figure 9. Blank filler installation
Reinstall the SMM2 support bracket and the SMM2.Figure 10. SMM2 support bracket installationFigure 11. SMM2 installation
Reinstall manifold retention brackets that are retaining the manifolds (top enclosure position only).Figure 12. Retention bracket installation
Align the drip sensor assembly with the enclosure and slide it into place.Figure 13. Drip sensor assembly installation
Reinstall all EMC shields.Figure 14. EMC shields installationFigure 15. EMC shields installation
Install the tray (see Install a DWC tray in the enclosure).NoteFor safety, use the lift tool to install the tray into the rack.
- Install any other required components.
- Connect all required cables.
- Connect the enclosure to power.
- Write down new enclosure midplane serial number (for example: Y030UN34B063) and UUID (for example: 2E2B686CC6B311E2907C6EAE8B16A49E).
- Update the solution firmware to the latest level.
- Log in to the web interface.
- Go to System Information section, click on the Midplane VPD tab.
- Update the new enclosure midplane serial number and UUID onto the fan and power controller.
- Close the release handles on the tray in order to seat the nodes in the enclosure midplane connectors.
- Restart any nodes that you shut down. See the documentation that comes with the compute node for detailed instructions.
- The fan and power controller is powered-on automatically.