Install a hot-swap power supply
Use this information to install a hot-swap power supply.
Electrical current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
Before you install a hot-swap power supply:
Read the Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- The following notes describe the type of power supply that the enclosure supports and other information that you must consider when you install a power supply:
- For redundancy support, you must install an additional hot-swap power supply, if one is not installed in your model.
- Make sure that the devices that you are installing are supported. For a list of supported optional devices for the enclosure, see Lenovo ServerProven website.
Complete the following steps to install a hot-swap power supply.
- Slide the hot-swap power supply into the bay until the release latch clicks into place.ImportantDuring normal operation, each power-supply bay must contain either a power supply or power-supply filler panel for proper cooling.Figure 1. Hot-swap power supply installation
- Connect one end of the power cord for the new power supply into the ac connector on the back of the power supply; then, connect the other end of the power cord into a properly grounded electrical outlet.
- If the node is turned off, turn on the node.
- Make sure that the ac power LED on the power supply is lit, indicating that the power supply is operating correctly. If the solution is turned on, make sure that the dc power LED on the power supply is lit also.
After you install a hot-swap power supply, complete the following steps:
Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
Turn on all compute nodes.