Remove the intrusion switch cable
Use this information to remove the intrusion switch cable.
Before you remove the intrusion switch cable, complete the following steps:
- Read the following sections to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server. Disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
Remove the node from the enclosure if needed (see Remove a node).
- Loosen the two screws.
- Press and hold the cable latch.
- Disconnect the cable from the connector.
- Carefully lift the intrusion switch carrier out of the server.Figure 1. Intrusion switch cable removal
- Press and hold the latches on the both side of the cable.
- Remove the intrusion switch cable from the carrier.Figure 2. Intrusion switch cable removal
If you are instructed to return the defective component, please package the part to prevent any shipping damage. Reuse the packaging the new part arrived in and follow all packaging instructions.