Install an M.2 drive
Use this information to install an M.2 drive.
About this task
Read Safety inspection checklist and Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Install the M.2 drive in slot 0 first.
Figure 1. M.2 drive slot numbering
|1 Slot 0||2 Slot 1|
- Locate the connector you want to install the M.2 drive on the M.2 backplane.
- If needed, adjust the position of the M.2 drive retainer so that it is compatible with the size of the M.2 drive you are installing. See Adjust position of the M.2 drive retainer.
- Slide the M.2 retainer backward to ensure enough space for the M.2 drive installation.
- Install an M.2 drive.
Figure 2. M.2 drive installation
- Position the M.2 drive at an angle and insert it to the M.2 connector.
- Place down the M.2 drive on the M.2 backplane.
- Push the M.2 retainer forward to secure the M.2 drive in place.
After you finish
Proceed to complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.