Remove an EDSFF hot-swap drive
Use this information to remove an EDSFF hot-swap drive.
About this task
Read Safety inspection checklist and Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
If one or more EDSFF drives are to be removed, it is recommended to disable them beforehand via the operating system.
Before you make changes to the drives, drive controllers, drive backplanes, or drive cables, make sure to back up all important data stored in drives.
Before you remove any component of a RAID array (drive, RAID card, etc.), back up all RAID configuration information.
Make sure you have the drive bay filler available if no EDSFF drives are going to be installed after the removal.
Only touch and hold the EDSFF drive handle when removing EDSFF drive from the compute node. EDSFF drive may be damaged if you touch parts other than the handle before the EDSFF drive is completely removed out of the compute node.
|1 EDSFF drive handle|
- Make a note of the number of the drive bay from which your are removing the drive. Drives must be installed in the bay from which they were removed.
- Hold the handle of the EDSFF drive cage bezel and pull it out of the compute node to access the EDSFF drives.Figure 2. EDSFF drive cage bezel removal
- Remove the EDSFF hot-swap drive.
- Slightly press down the handle on the EDSFF drive.
- Rotate the handle to the open position.
- Hold the handle to remove the drive out of the drive bay.
Only touch and hold the EDSFF drive handle when removing EDSFF drive from the compute node. EDSFF drive may be damaged if you touch parts other than the handle before the EDSFF drive is completely removed out of the compute node.Figure 3. EDSFF hot-swap drive removal
If no drives are going to be installed in the drive bays, complete the following steps:
Insert fillers into the drive bays.
Keep the blue strip on the handle of EDSFF drive cage bezel on the left side; then, install the bezel back to the compute node.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.