Remove an I/O expansion adapter
Use this information to remove an I/O expansion adapter.
About this task
Power off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node from the chassis. See Remove the compute node from chassis.
Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
- Make preparations for your compute node.
- Remove the compute node cover. See Remove the compute node cover.
- Remove the I/O expansion adapter.
Figure 1. I/O expansion adapter removal
- Rotate the retention clips outward.
- Rock the adapter back and forth to pull the adapter out from the connector on the system board.
- Repeat the steps for removing the other I/O expansion adapter.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.