Remove the CMOS battery - CR2032
Use this information to remove the CMOS battery - CR2032.
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Lenovo specified part number or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of.
- Throw or immerse into water
- Heat to more than 100°C (212°F)
- Repair or disassemble
Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
About this task
Power off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node from the chassis. See Remove the compute node from chassis.
Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
- Make preparations for your compute node.
- Remove the compute node cover. See Remove the compute node cover.
- Remove the CMOS battery - CR2032.
- Locate the CMOS battery - CR2032 socket on the system board. SeeSystem board connectors.
- If a cover is over the CMOS battery - CR2032, remove the cover.
- Pivot the CMOS battery - CR2032 toward the memory module slots.Figure 1. CMOS battery - CR2032 removal
- Lift the CMOS battery - CR2032 from the socket.
Dispose the component with compliance to local regulations.