Install a hot-swap power supply unit
Use this information to install a hot-swap power supply unit.
About this task
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Remove the power supply filler if necessary.
- Align the power supply unit with the bay; then, slide the power supply unit into the bay until it snaps into position.Figure 1. Hot-swap power supply unit installation
After you finish
Connect the power cable to the power supply and a properly grounded electrical outlet.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.