Remove a hot-swap power supply unit
Use this information to remove a hot-swap power supply unit.
About this task
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
- Locate the hot-swap power supply in the rear of your server and disconnect the power cord from the power supply.
- Remove the hot-swap power supply unit.Figure 1. Hot-swap power supply unit
- Press the release tab towards the handle.
- Carefully pull the handle to slide the hot-swap power supply unit out of the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.