Remove the fixed power supply unit
Use this information to remove the fixed power supply unit.
About this task
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
If the server is installed in a rack, remove the server from the rack.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the power cables from the system board. See Fixed power supply unit cable routing.
- Remove the fixed power supply unit.Figure 1. Power supply unit removal
- Remove the screws on the rear side of the server.
- Slide the power supply unit forward until the pins align with the opening of the slots.
- Lift the power supply unit out of the server.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.