FQXSFSR0001M : [arg1] GPT corruption detected, DiskGUID: [arg2]
[arg1] GPT corruption detected, DiskGUID: [arg2]
Complete the following steps:
- Remove all the external drive during POST to avoid that this event is triggered by mistake.
- Check the XCC event log. If this event has a follow up recovery event log, it means that GTP corruption has been recovered successfully. Ignore this event message and do not perform the remaining steps.
- Back up the data disk.
- Press F1 Setup->System Settings->Recovery and RAS->Disk GPT Recovery and set the value to "Automatic".
- Save the settings and restart the system.
- Boot to F1 setup. The system will automatically try to recover the GPT during the POST.
- Restart the system.
- Re-format the LUN or disk and re-install the OS.
- If the problem persists, collect Service Data logs and contact Lenovo Support.