Remove the LCD diagnostics panel assembly
Use this information to remove the LCD diagnostics panel assembly.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
A video for this task is available at YouTube
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- If the security bezel is installed, remove it. See Remove the security bezel.
- Remove the LCD diagnostics panel assembly from the chassis.Figure 1. LCD diagnostics panel assembly removal
- Press down the extended tab on the other side of the front chassis.
- Slide the assembly out of the front chassis.
- Remove the LCD diagnostics panel from its assembly.Figure 2. LCD diagnostics panel removal
- Press down the clips as shown.
- Pull the LCD diagnostics panel by its handle to get it out of its assembly.
After you finish
Install a new LCD diagnostics panel assembly or filler. See Install the LCD diagnostics panel assembly.
If you are instructed to return the old LCD diagnostics panel assembly, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.