Remove the server from rack
Follow instructions in this section to remove the server from the rack.
|18 - 32 kg (39 - 70 lb)||32 - 55 kg (70 - 121 lb)|
Do not place any object on top of a rack-mounted device unless that rack-mounted device is intended for use as a shelf.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
Make sure to have three people operate the server removal procedures to prevent injury.
- Loosen the two thumbscrews located on the front of the server to disengage it from the rack.Figure 1. Disengaging server from the rack
- Hold the mounting ears on the front of the server; then, slide the server all the way out until it stops.Figure 2. Pulling out the server
1 Mounting ear
- Remove the server from the rack.CAUTIONMake sure three people are lifting the sever by holding the lift pointsFigure 3. Lifting up the server
1 Lift point
- Press the release tabs to disengage the rails from the server.
- Carefully lift up the front end of the server slightly to detach the nailheads from the slots on the rails.
- With three people, lift up the serve to remove it from the rails completely. Place the server on a flat and sturdy surface.Figure 4. Removing the server from the rack.
1 Release tab
After you finish
Carefully lay the server on a flat, static-protective surface.