Install the PCIe riser assembly
Follow instructions in this section to install the PCIe riser assembly.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Zone 1 (PCIe slot 1 to 3):
- This zone supports the following types of riser assembly:
- Follow the instructions in Install the PCIe riser assembly to zone 1 to install a riser assembly.
- Zone 2 (PCIe slot 5 to 6):
Install the PCIe riser assembly to zone 1
- Align the PCIe riser assembly with the connector on the system board, and push it in.Figure 1. Installing the PCIe riser assembly to zone 1
- If you are installing x16/x16/x16 riser assembly, connect the two PCIe cables to the system board.Figure 2. Connecting PCIe cables from x16/x16/x16 riser to the system board
1 PCIe connector 1 2 PCIe connector 2
Install the PCIe riser assembly to zone 2
- If a filler has been installed, remove it.
- Align the PCIe riser assembly with the connector on the system board, and push it in.
- Connect the PCIe cable to PCIe connector 5 on the processor and memory expansion tray.