Install the CMOS battery (CR2032)
Use this procedure to install the CMOS battery.
Consider the following notes when replacing the CMOS battery in the server:
- When replacing the CMOS battery, you must replace it with another CMOS battery of the same type from the same manufacturer.
- After you replace the CMOS battery, you must reconfigure the server and reset the system date and time.
- To avoid possible danger, read and follow the following safety statement.
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Lenovo specified part number or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of.
- Throw or immerse into water
- Heat to more than 100°C (212°F)
- Repair or disassemble
Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
Before installing the CMOS battery:
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
To install the CMOS battery, complete the following steps:
- Follow any special handling and installation instructions that come with the replacement battery.
- Face the positive (+) symbol to the center of the server; then, place the battery into the seat until it clicks in place.Figure 1. CMOS battery installation
After installing the CMOS battery, complete the following steps:
Reinstall the processor and memory expansion tray and expansion tray air baffle (see Install the processor and memory expansion tray).
Reinstall the top cover (see Install the top cover).
Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
Install the server in the rack.
Power on the server and any peripheral devices.