Remove an adapter
Use this procedure to remove an adapter.
Follow the following instructions accordingly to the location where the adapter has been installed.
Before removing an adapter from the system board or from PCIe riser card assembly:
Read the safety information and installation guidelines (see Safety and Installation Guidelines).
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, remove the server from the rack.
Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
Remove the PCIe expansion tray (see Remove the PCIe expansion tray).
Remove an adapter from the system board
To remove an adapter from the system board, complete the following steps:
- Disconnect any cables (including external ones) from the adapter.
- Open the retention latch.
- Grasp the adapter by upper corners, and pull it from the system board.Figure 1. Adapter removal from the system board
Remove an adapter from the PCIe riser card assembly
To remove an adapter from a PCIe riser card assembly removed from the server, complete the following steps:
- Open the bracket on the PCIe riser card assembly.
- Grasp the adapter by upper corners, and pull it from the PCIe riser card assembly.Figure 2. Adapter removal from the PCIe riser card assembly
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.