Remove the PCIe riser card assembly
Use this procedure to remove the PCIe riser card assembly.
Before removing the PCIe riser card assembly:
Read the safety information and installation guidelines (see Safety and Installation Guidelines).
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, remove the server from the rack.
Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
Remove the PCIe expansion tray (see Remove the PCIe expansion tray).
- Disconnect the USB 3.0 cable of operator panel tray assembly, and remove it vertically from the system board.Figure 1. Removing USB 3.0 connector vertically
To remove the PCIe riser card assembly, complete the following steps:
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Disconnect any cables connected to the adapters.
- Grasp the PCIe riser card assembly at the touch-points, and lift it out from the system board.Figure 2. PCIe riser card assembly removal
- Remove the screws that fix the PCIe riser card, and slightly push it away to detach it from the riser-cage.Figure 3. PCIe riser card removal
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.