Configure the firmware
Read this section to learn about how to set up the firmware for the server.
- Starting the Setup Utility program
Follow this procedure to install the front bezel.
- Changing the display language of the Setup Utility program
The Setup Utility program supports three display languages: English, French, and simplified Chinese.
- Enabling or disabling a device
This section provides information about how to enable or disable hardware devices, such as USB connectors or storage drives.
- Enabling or disabling the automatic power-on
Automatic Power On in Setup Utility program provides various power-on options.
- Acoustic/Thermal optimal performance
Intelligent Cooling Engine (ICE) Performance Mode menu allows you to adjust server performance to achieve optimal acoustic or thermal conditions.
- Enabling or disabling thermal alert logs (Windows only)
When the ICE thermal alert is enabled, an alert log is generated in the Windows system log when a critical thermal situation occurs. The alert log helps identify thermal problems, such as malfunctioning fans, abnormally high temperature, or poor cooling performances.
- Configuration change detection
With configuration-change detection enabled, an error message is displayed in POST when configuration changes of some hardware devices (such as storage drives or memory modules) are detected.
- Changing BIOS settings before installing a new operating system
BIOS settings vary by operating system. Change BIOS settings before installing a new operating system.
- Using passwords
Passwords can be set to prevent unauthorized access to the server.
- Selecting a startup device
If the server does not start up from the expected device, you can either change the startup device sequence or select a temporary startup device.
- Exiting the Setup Utility program
Follow this procedure to exit the Setup Utility program.